Raymarine FLIR M232 Pan and Tilt Thermal Camera 9Hz, IP Video Output E70354
The FLIR M232 pan and tilt camera is FLIR's smallest and most affordable pan and tilt marine thermal night vision camera. Featuring a resolution of 320 x 240, the M232 improves safety by revealing vessels and obstacles at night. Enjoy 360 degree viewing while underway.
Why is Thermal Better? - Thermal imaging cameras detect and display images based on tiny differences in heat, not light. No matter how much light is available-from pitch black to moonlight to severe midday glare, FLIR detectors capture the thermal energy emitted or reflected by everything, even ice. FLIR cameras then convert changes in temperature into crisp infrared video images, allowing you to see at night and navigate in total darkness.
Combine the M232 with a Raymarine Axiom MFD and take advantage of FLIR's ClearCruiseTM intelligent thermal analytics. ClearCruiseTM provides audible and visual alerts when "non-water" objects-such as boats, obstacles, or navigation markers-appear in the scene. This enhances boaters' overall situational awareness, both day and night.
The M232 also improves navigation and safety by helping to see bridges, docks, buoys, and other vessels, night and day. The FLIR M232 also helps boaters find people in the water faster than using spotlights and radar alone.
The M232 uses FLIR's latest generation BosonTM thermal core, and features optimized viewing with full 320 x 240 resolution for horizon-to-horizon viewing, and 4X continuous e-zoom.
The combination of the FLIR M232's small, lightweight design and IP video connectivity makes it easy to install on any vessel, and a snap to install and integrate with multiple MFDs.
IP "Plug and Play" compatibility with Raymarine MFD's running LightHouse II v.19 software, or Raymarine's Axiom and Axiom Pro displays running Lighthouse 3. Compatible Raymarine MFD's include the aSeries, cSeries, eSeries, eS Series, gS Series and Axiom.
The following Garmin MFDs are supported for all FLIR integration (control and viewing) with a software upgrade to version V10.0: Garmin GPSMap 84xx/86xx series, GPSMap 74xx/76xx series, GPSMap 10x2/12x2 series, GPSMap 7x2/9x2 series, GPSMap 8k (this includes 80xx, 85xx, both Garmin and Volvo), Yamaha CL7.
Note: The Garmin Power over Ethernet (PoE) isolation coupler (Model 16361800, Garmin part number 010-10580-10) is required for all installations when connecting non-Garmin equipment to the Garmin marine Ethernet connection. This is required whether or not those devices use PoE.
- Detector Type: 320 × 240 VOx Microbolometer
- E-Zoom: 4x
- Field of View: 24° × 18°
- Image Processing: FLIR Proprietary Digital Detail EnhancementTM
- Pan/Tilt Range:
- Pan: 360° (continuous)
- Tilt: +110°, -90°
- 6.34" (161.1 mm) Diameter
- 9.03" (229.3 mm) High
- 6.0 lb (2.7 kg) without Top-down Riser
- 6.6 lb (3.0 kg) with Top-down Riser
Connections & Communications
- Video Output: H264 IP Video stream
- Drop Test Rating: 1m drop (in packaging)
- EMI IEC 60945
- Operating Temperature Range: -13°F (-25°C) to +131°F (+55°C)
- Rating: IPX6
- Relative Humidity: 95% max
- Salt Mist: IEC 60945
- Storage Temperature Range: -22°F (-30°C) to +158°F (+70°C)
- Vibration: IEC 60945; MIL-STD-810E
- Wind: 100 MPH (161 KPH)
Marine Imaging & Optical
- Power Consumption: 15 W (Typical) 18 W (Max)
- Power Requirements: 12 or 24 VDC
- Person in the Water: ~1,500 ft (457 M)
- Small Vessel: ~0.67 nm (1.3 Km)
In the Box:
- Thermal camera
- Thermal camera base-seal
- 3 x Thermal camera fasteners: nuts, dome nuts, spring washers, flat washers, and threaded studs
- 2 x Self-adhesive decals (for ball-down mounting only)
- RayNet-to-RJ45 Adapter cable (100 mm)
- RayNet-to-RayNet cable (10 m)
- *Right-angled 3-Pin Power cable (10 m)
- Top-down riser kit (includes riser, riser base seal, and riser mounting template
- Documentation pack